Friday, June 15, 2007

High-definition television: How much of it can you stand to see?

Reports Sharon of Roseville: "Today's topic is HDTV. How it all began: I was making a Sam's Club run and was mesmerized by the TV display at the store's entrance. There were Shrek and Donkey in full living color. I could see the moles on Shrek's neck and each and every hair on Donkey.
"It was one of those moments that could have gone either way within minutes — but I allowed common sense to take the place of instant gratification and decided to consult with my High-Tech son-in-law.
"Step Two: I told my son-in-law that I wanted one of those TVs, and he told me to research it. I did. Here's one TV I found: '50" HD Plasma TV incorporates advanced technology to reproduce beautiful, natural-looking images with exceptional, full 1080p HD resolution. With 2.07 million pixels, twice as many as standard HD models, the TH-50PF9UK features Real Black Creation technology for deep, rich blacks delivering a high contrast ratio of up to 5,000:1 and 16-bit processing for an outstanding 4,096 steps of color gradation.

No comments: